Financial and property disputes

If following negotiation or mediation, where each party has provided the other with full details of their financial circumstances, an agreement cannot be reached, then it may be necessary for you to make an application to the Court for what is known as Ancillary Relief.  However, negotiations can still continue during the Court process and only relatively few cases are decided by a Judge at a final hearing. 

We can help you through what can sometimes be a lengthy and traumatic process and utilise their experience in advising you as to what would be a fair settlement for you.

Sometimes, following a breakdown of a marriage or civil partnership,  you may  find yourself in a position where you are unable to maintain your property without assistance from your former spouse or partner.  In this situation , you may need to give consideration to making an application to the Court for maintenance, known as maintenance pending suit or interim maintenance.